Social Media Tools You Can’t Live Without
By: PR Buzz
10 (mostly) free social media tools you can’t live without
Pete Codella, (@Codella on Twitter), VP of marketing and PR for Alexander’s, a Utah-based full-service traditional and digital marketing communications firm, has some suggestions.
He shared his top tools for social media success at our Social Media and Community Managers Summit in Chicago:
Monitor your brand
People are talking about your company. Are you listening?
- Track and measure what people are saying about your company.
- Monitor Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Digg, Google and many more.
- Receive email alerts about your brand, topics of interest and more.
HubSpot’s Marketing Grader
- Measure your marketing activities.
- Find out how your website ranks.
- Find out how competing websites rank.
Track your tweets
- Get realtime insights from Twitter conversations.
- Search links, tweets, photos, videos, what’s trending and more.
- No, not the Dutch province of Gelderland.
- Find users in a specific locations based on their Twitter bios.
Involver (paid plans available, too)
- Add branded applications to your Facebook fan page.
- Has additional paid and free apps for other channels.
ShortStack (paid plans available, too)
- Design Facebook Apps and contests.
- Schedule pins on Pinterest.
- Analyze metrics.
- Upload pins in bulk.
- Calculate the measure of your popularity on Pinterest and value of each pin.
Grovo (paid plans available, too)
- Online video training site that teaches you social media tricks and tips through quick videos.
- A great way to strengthen your team’s understanding of social media.